March 16th, 2020
Navigating Through COVID-19
by Jaffar Wahdat
Dear Valued Guests,
In these difficult times, our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the Coronvirus (“COVID-19”). We are writing to inform you of the measures that we, here at Juicy!, are implementing, in order to to safeguard the health of our guests, Team Members and vendors, among others. In light of the increased impact that COVID-19 is having on our communities at large, the following protocols have been put in place at each of our restaurants:
“Contactless Service” which consists of:
- With an easy 3 step ordering process, our Guests are encouraged to order delivery or pickup from our Juicy! mobile/web ordering platform found at: https://order.juicyplatters.com/
- All orders will be served to guests in takeout packaging to limit interaction
- Guests can go right up to the “Pickup Station” and receive their orders
- Utensils will no longer be available at countertop condiment stations. Team Members will pack utensils in bags upon request from our guests
- All condiments, including white sauce and hot sauce, will be distributed by Team Members in prepackaged containers upon request from our guests
- Contactless payment is encouraged. Our ordering stations have a tap to pay device available for use.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces, doors, handles, bathrooms, lightswitches and prep stations every 30 minutes using disinfectant wipes in order to maintain a safe environment for all guests and Team Members.
- Bleach disinfectant available across the store for use by our guests for added safety
- Stringent Team Member handwashing requirements at minimum 30 minute intervals before, after and throughout shifts.
- Team Member health check-ins will be performed at 30 minute intervals. If anyone is not feeling well (or showing any symptoms of the flu, fever, coughing or otherwise), he or she will be sent home and will be directed to seek medical attention immediately.
Please also note that even prior to the onset of COVID-19, our Company guidelines include strict food safety training and instruction for all Team Members and sanitary and hygiene requirements, among other things, in order to prevent any food safety issues which may arise, including our current state of affairs.
With time, our restaurants may implement additional preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of our guests and Team Members, including various staffing and/or service modifications, which will be communicated here and through various other channels of communication, including social media accounts.
Finally, please rest assured that we are in constant communication with our local public health officials and we will continue to actively monitor communications from the Center for Disease Control regarding all guidance or directives.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we address this crisis one day at a time and while we figure out how to continue serving our guests, while maintaining the strictest health and sanitary guidelines possible.
Jaffar Wahdat, Founder
Corporate Text Line: (201) 500-8750